CILECT Teaching Award 2018
As a means to recognize and reward excellence in film, TV and/or media pedagogy within the organization, in 2014 CILECT instituted its annual Teaching Award. Since 2017 the award is granted in THREE categories:
- Lifetime Educational Achievement (over 65 years of age)
- Leading International Pedagogue
- Promising Young Teacher (under 45 years of age)
- Candidates may be nominated only by Full Member schools in good standing.
- No individual can be nominated in more than one category in any single year.
- Candidates who have not been selected in the respective year can be re-nominated up to two more times.
Not later than 09 March 2018 the Full Member school wishing to present a candidate must submit online to firstname.lastname@example.org a portfolio consisting of:
- an official nomination statement of the school (in English) signed by its Head;
- a list (in English) of the nominee’s teaching positions related to film, TV and/or media pedagogy with brief (max 50 words each) descriptions of the major courses taught;
- a list (in English) of the nominee’s most influential publications and/or technological aids related to film, TV and/or media pedagogy. (The list should be supported by copies of the original cover page and table of contents page, and/or website references, and/or published reviews.);
- a list (in English) of the nominee’s presentations at national and/or international events (workshops, seminars, conferences, etc.) in the field of film, TV and/or media pedagogy;
- a list (in English) of the nominee’s policy making and/or organizational services in the area of film, TV and/or media pedagogy at national and/or international level;
- a list (in English) of the nominee’s recognitions (awards, grants, etc.);
- a list (in English) of student and/or teaching assistant accomplishments related to the nominee’s mentoring (awards, research achievements, publications, career development steps, etc.) supported by copies of peer reviews and/or student reviews;
- up to 15-minute audiovisual excerpt from a teaching session of the nominee in class subtitled in English (if the original language is NOT English).
The portfolios will be judged by the Executive Council using the following evaluation rubrics and percentage of their weight in the final result:
- Overall Portfolio – 30%
- Teaching Philosophy – 10%
- Teaching Innovation – 20%
- Teaching Acknowledgements – 10%
- Student Achievements – 20 %
- Student/Peer Reviews – 10%
The Executive Director will notify all Full Members and the nominees of the Executive Council’s final decision by 16 July 2018.
The winners will be presented and awarded at the CILECT Congress (12-16 November 2018) in Whistling Woods International, Mumbai, India. NB: All winners’ economy class air travel and full accommodation expenses will be covered by CILECT.
TagsCILECT Teaching Award
CILECT CONGRESS 2018 - Whistling Woods International, Mumbai, India (12-16 November 2018) - REGISTRATION OPEN!!!
Curated Online Cinema MUBI is Now Free for Film Students
11th Tbilisi International Student Film Festival, TAFU, Georgia, May 30 - June 3, 2018 - OPEN CALL
CIBA Conference - Creative Research in Film Schools - IBERO & CUEC & CCC, Mexico City, Mexico (25-27 April 2018)
"Hands on International" Workshops at HFF, Munich, Germany (19-23 March 2018)