BFM, Estonia - Associate Professor of Film Directing and Dramaturgy
Associate Professor of Film Directing and Dramaturgy works at Tallinn University Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication Institute and is responsible for teaching on curricula in English on film directing and dramaturgy classes, supervising BA and MA film projects and thesis films and taking part of school’s development in respective academic field.
Requirements for candidates
The candidate must fulfill the general requirements of the position of associate professor as stipulated in the Employment Relations Rules of Tallinn University, in Annex 3.
Candidates for the position of Associate Professor of Film Directing and Dramaturgy must:
- hold a MA degree or an equivalent qualification in the field of Film, Media or Arts
- has an International recognition gained via festival circulations and/or International distribution
- have a track record of lectures at international higher educational institutions
- demonstrate the capacity to successfully apply for grants and scholarships
- have successful experiences in supervising BA and MA film projects and thesis films
- have administrative experience
- be fluent in spoken and written English
- have the ability to build up an efficient working framework consisting of students, academic staff and university administration
In specialities falling in the field of arts, an acknowledged public concert, performance, exhibition, audio-visual work or a manifestation of another creative activity shall be considered equal to a publication.
The teaching load of Associate Professor of Film Directing and Dramaturgy will include fields of storytelling and directing and develop new courses in the filed if needed. The candidate must be able to teach in English. Lectures will take place during the daytime.
Associate Professor’s obligations
Associate Professor’s obligations will include following tasks:
- self-development in the field, analyzing his or her work, including eliciting and analysing feedback
- being active in the creative field
- supervising students’ BA and MA thesis works in film production
- receiving students’ examinations and tests in accordance to the curricula and Tallinn University’s Regulations for the Organization of Studies
- organizing studies in his or her subject
- carrying out studies on a modern methodological and technical level compiling and developing curricula in the field of film directing and dramaturgy
- advising and reviewing course projects and thesis films of BA and MA students
- participation in admission and thesis defense committees
- submitting reports on academic work, creative work and development work as required
- be at school at least for two days per week
- be available for appointed consultations at least for two hours per week
Associate Professor’s rights
Associate Professor is eligible:
- to plan his/her teaching and research activities, co-ordinating it appropriately with the needs of other instructors and students in the institute;
- to participate in all meetings where the work of his/her curriculum is discussed;
- to elect and to be elected for positions in Tallinn University according to the rules stated in the founding regulations.
Load: 1,00, including teaching at least 28 ECTS of courses per calendar year.
Salary: to be agreed, according to Tallinn University Remuneration Regulations.
Language skills: English on high academic level (at least C1)
Additional information: please refer your administrative questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and questions on content to Eve Müür, E-mail: email@example.com, phone +372 619 9905
Required application documents
Screen Studies - a new digital library for moving image studies
17th ISFVF of Beijing Film Academy - CALL FOR ENTRIES
BFM, Estonia - Directing Intensive with Jeremy Kagan
BFM, Estonia - ZONE - Landscapes of Unconciousness