CILECT PRIZE 2017 RULES
1. Eligibility: Each Full Member is invited to send one film entry in EACH of the three categories: FICTION, DOCUMENTARY or ANIMATION. The length of each entry should not be longer than 30 minutes. Films should be produced in the calendar 2016 year.
2. Entry Deadline: Postmarked no later than 31 January 2017, entries should be sent to:
CILECT PRIZE 2017
CILECT 108A Rakovsky st.,
NATFA, 1000 Sofia, BULGARIA
3. Entry Form: Schools may fill in or download the official entry form from www.cilect.org and submit it online or by e-mail to email@example.com
4. Format: Entries should be sent in SD or HD resolution on DVD-Video disc (in either PAL or NTSC systems). To save time (and costs) schools may upload entries on their FTP servers and send the link for downloading. For files less than 2 GB file-sharing sites or services could be used: www.wetransfer.com or www.dropbox.com or www.dropsend.com Files should be in MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 formats in either PAL or NTSC systems. DVD-Video file structures should be compressed in a single .zip file OR in the DVD-Video format structure in which case the entire VIDEO_TS folder must be uploaded (all .ifo, .bup and .vob files). Subtitles must be BURNT INTO VIDEO OR in case the entry is DVD-Video format with subtitle track(s) the ENTIRE VIDEO_TS FOLDER must be uploaded (all .ifo, .bup and .vob files).
5. Subtitles: ALL film entries MUST BE SUBTITLED IN ENGLISH!
This rule specifically INCLUDES also the schools whose language of teaching IS English! Many people whose mother tongue is not English have problems understanding the dialogues of films shot originally in British/North American/Australian/Asian/African/etc. versions of English. The introduction of English subtitles on English-language films helps those films overcome the disadvantage.
NB: Films WITHOUT ENGLISH SUBTITLES will not be accepted in the competition!
6. Entry Presentation: All film entries are transferred on DVDs. The order of films on any DVD or the numbering of DVDs in the compilation is random.
7. Voting Deadline: Two months after submission is closed, ONE copy of the completed compilation of DVDs is sent by courier mail to each Full Member for reviewing and voting. Each Full Member school is granted a period of three months after receipt of the compilation to view the films in it and vote.
8. Selection of Nominees: The voting ballot is open and should be sent in written form (either by letter, fax or e-mail) to the Executive Director. It MUST include:
- the school's choice of FIVE BEST films (in order of first place, second place, third place, fourth place, fifth place) for the FICTION category;
- the school's choice of THREE BEST films (in order of first place, second place, third place) for the DOCUMENTARY category.
- the school's choice of THREE BEST films (in order of first place, second place, third place) for the ANIMATION category.
9. Special Voting Clause: Schools MAY NOT vote for their own film!
10. Votes Counting: A committee appointed by the Executive Director tallies the votes and announces the nominees and the winners in each category not later than one month after the receipt of all the votes from the schools.
York University, Canada - Sessional Assistant Professor level in Media Arts
PROGRAMME LEADER – BA (HONS) FILM
Pablo Naranjo Golborne: Film & Anti-Matter
Prof. Li Wei, Beijing Film Academy, China - Film Philosophy
Music & Sound Design in Film / New Media - GEECT Conference, LAMT, Vilnius, LITHUANIA (28-30 September 2017)
CILECT Congress 2017: Transmedia & Interdisciplinary Approaches