CILECT PRIZE 2020 RULES
- Each Full Member school is invited to send one film entry in EACH of the three categories: FICTION, DOCUMENTARY or ANIMATION. The length of each entry should not be longer than 30 minutes. Films should be produced in the calendar 2019 year.
2. Entry Deadline: 31 JANUARY 2020
- Schools may send entries to: CILECT PRIZE 2019, Stanislav Semerdjiev, Executive Director CILECT, 108A Rakovsky str. NATFA, 1000 Sofia, BULGARIA
- Schools may upload entries on their FTP servers and send the link for downloading them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schools may use file-sharing sites or services such as www.wetransfer.com, www.dropbox.com, www.dropsend.com
3. Entry Form:
- Schools may fill in or download the official entry form for each submitted film. Forms may be downloaded of filled in at www.cilect.org and submitted online or by e-mail to email@example.com.
4. Size & Formats:
- Entries’ size should not exceed 3 GB. Files should be in MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 formats in either PAL or NTSC systems. DVD-Video file structures should be compressed in a single .zip file or in the DVD-Video format structure in which case the entire VIDEO_TS folder must be uploaded (all .ifo, .bup and .vob files). Subtitles must be burnt into video or in case the entry is DVD-Video format with subtitle track(s) the entire VIDEO_TS folder must be uploaded (all .ifo, .bup and .vob files).
5. Subtitles: ALL film entries MUST BE SUBTITLED IN ENGLISH!
- This rule specifically INCLUDES also the schools whose language of teaching IS English! Many people whose mother tongue is not English have problems understanding the dialogues of films shot originally in British/North American/Australian/Asian/African/etc. versions of English. The introduction of English subtitles on English-language films helps those films overcome the disadvantage.
- NB: Films WITHOUT ENGLISH SUBTITLES will not be accepted in the competition!
6. Entry Presentation:
- All film entries are transferred on DVDs. The order of films on any DVD or the numbering of the DVDs in the compilation is random. ONE copy of the complete compilation of DVDs is sent by courier mail to each Full Member school for reviewing and voting. All film entries and their respective forms are ALSO uploaded on a password protected ONLINE VIDEO PLATFORM (OVP).
7. Voting Deadline: 15 JULY 2020
- Two months after submission is closed, ONE copy of the completed compilation of DVDs is sent by courier mail to each Full Member school for reviewing and voting. Simultaneously, instructions for access to the OVP are sent to each Full Member school by e-mail. The final voting deadline is 15 JULY 2020. The OVP is accessible during the whole voting period (15 March 2020 – 15 July 2020).
8. Voting Obligations:
- Schools MAY NOT vote for their own film!
- Schools MUST vote in each category in which their entries participate!
- Schools who DO NOT participate with entries MUST vote in at least one of the categories (Fiction, Documentary or Animation)!
9. Selection of Nominees:
- The voting ballot is open and should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- It MUST include the school's choice of FIVE BEST films (in order of first place, second place, third place, fourth place, fifth place) for EACH category.
10. Votes' Counting:
- A committee appointed by the Executive Director tallies the votes and announces the nominees and the winners in each category not later than one month after the receipt of all the votes from the schools.
SCEDIStanding Committee on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The Ethics Lab
CRENCILECT Research Examiner Network
CILECT Support for SzFE, Budapest, Hungary
Professor (Artistic practices) position in Film Editing - Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture in Finland
Homeward - Call for short films around the world - The Maaleh School of Film and Television, 11.10.2020
1st International Media Music and Sound Arts in Education Zurich Congress 1st - 3rd October 2020