CILECT PRIZE 2021 RULES
Each Full Member school is invited to send one film entry in EACH of the three categories: FICTION, DOCUMENTARY or ANIMATION. The length of each entry should not be longer than 30 minutes. Films should be produced in the calendar 2020 year.
2. Entry Deadline: 31 JANUARY 2021
- Films have to be submitted only online. Schools may upload entries on their FTP servers and send the link for downloading them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schools may use file-sharing sites or services such as www.wetransfer.com, www.dropbox.com, www.dropsend.com, Google Drive and others
3. Entry Form:
Schools may fill in the entry form for each submitted film at www.cilect.org or submit it by e-mail to email@example.com
4. Size & Formats:
- Entries’ size should not exceed 3 GB.
- Entries should be in H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 files in HD or Full-HD resolution.
- Subtitles should be either in .srt file, or burnt into video. In case subtitles are burnt into video, please use the fonts in proper size and contrast outline, in order to be easily readable.
- DVD-Video file structures should be compressed in a single .zip file or in the DVD-Video format structure in which case the entire VIDEO_TS folder must be uploaded (all .ifo, .bup and .vob files).Subtitles must be burnt into video.
5. Subtitles: ALL film entries MUST BE SUBTITLED IN ENGLISH!
This rule specifically INCLUDES also the schools whose language of teaching IS English! Many people whose mother tongue is not English have problems understanding the dialogues of films shot originally in British/North American/Australian/Asian/African/etc. versions of English. The introduction of English subtitles on English-language films helps those films overcome the disadvantage.
NB: Films WITHOUT ENGLISH SUBTITLES will not be accepted in the competition!
6. Entry Presentation:
All film entries are uploaded for viewing and voting on a password protected ONLINE VIDEO PLATFORM (OVP) which will be a next generation platform. Details will be communicated in 2021.
IMPORTANT: From 2021 DVD packages will only be available and delivered to schools upon request. Requests are an integral part of the Entry Form.
SCEDIStanding Committee on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The Ethics Lab
CRENCILECT Research Examiner Network
Opening for the post of Dean of Academic Affairs in Annapurna College of Film and Media, India
Interns to work alongside Latin Grammy winner Andres Landinez for UNAM project
IDFA Film Student Route 2021 - 18-24 November
3IS is seeking for English-speaking Professors
2021-11-18 GEECT Conference