CILECT PRIZE 2021 RULES
Each Full Member school is invited to send one film entry in EACH of the three categories: FICTION, DOCUMENTARY or ANIMATION. The length of each entry should not be longer than 30 minutes. Films should be produced in the calendar 2020 year.
2. Entry Deadline: 31 JANUARY 2021
- Films have to be submitted only online. Schools may upload entries on their FTP servers and send the link for downloading them to email@example.com
- Schools may use file-sharing sites or services such as www.wetransfer.com, www.dropbox.com, www.dropsend.com, Google Drive and others
3. Entry Form:
Schools may fill in the entry form for each submitted film at www.cilect.org or submit it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Size & Formats:
- Entries’ size should not exceed 3 GB.
- Entries should be in H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 files in HD or Full-HD resolution.
- Subtitles should be either in .srt file, or burnt into video. In case subtitles are burnt into video, please use the fonts in proper size and contrast outline, in order to be easily readable.
- DVD-Video file structures should be compressed in a single .zip file or in the DVD-Video format structure in which case the entire VIDEO_TS folder must be uploaded (all .ifo, .bup and .vob files).Subtitles must be burnt into video.
5. Subtitles: ALL film entries MUST BE SUBTITLED IN ENGLISH!
This rule specifically INCLUDES also the schools whose language of teaching IS English! Many people whose mother tongue is not English have problems understanding the dialogues of films shot originally in British/North American/Australian/Asian/African/etc. versions of English. The introduction of English subtitles on English-language films helps those films overcome the disadvantage.
NB: Films WITHOUT ENGLISH SUBTITLES will not be accepted in the competition!
6. Entry Presentation:
All film entries are uploaded for viewing and voting on a password protected ONLINE VIDEO PLATFORM (OVP) which will be a next generation platform. Details will be communicated in 2021.
IMPORTANT: From 2021 DVD packages will only be available and delivered to schools upon request. Requests are an integral part of the Entry Form.
SCEDIStanding Committee on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The Ethics Lab
CRENCILECT Research Examiner Network
2021-11-18 GEECT Conference "A Perfect Film Editor" - Lodz Film School, Poland (18-19 Nov 2021)
Events Producer - London Film School, UK
Head of School in the Wits School of Arts (WSOA), Faculty of Humanities
Inter school short film competition celebrating the birth centenary of the great filmmaker Satyajit Ray
SCEDI Online Panel: The Core of Creative Content to be Diverse and Inclusive - 31 October 2020